Hui Ku Maoli Ola is a full service landscaping company. We offer both commercial and residential landscaping on all Hawaiian Islands. With over 20 years of landscaping experience, Hui Ku Maoli Ola is recognized as the industry leader in regards to native Hawaiian landscaping services. We are a fully licensed and insured Landscaping contractor specializing in native Hawaiian landscapes. Since our beginning, we have offered unique landscaping services. Our landscapes allow the customer to rest assured no environmental harm will occur through the introduction of invasive species while achieving an ascetically pleasing landscape.
- Culturally Designed Hawaiian Gardens- If you are interested in one of those extra special and meaningful landscapes you can be proud of, try out one of our landscape designs. Our cultural designed landscape gardens are packed filled with cultural value. Whether there is some sensitivity issues, such as work around wahi pana, or you are looking for a garden packed with plants for even the most active halau hula, we have the appropriate landscape design. Ask about our most popular service; story book landscapes.
- Xeriscaping- If you believe Hawaii is on the brink of running out of water, or you are simply tired of paying the endlessly rising water bills, this may be the landscape for you. These landscapes are designed with plant species that have evolved naturally to exist and thrive in your environment with little to no effort.
- Environmentally Conscious Ecoscapes- These landscapes cut straight to the core of our companies mission. Hawaii has suffered great devastation to our natural landscape through mass agriculture and development. As a result, our native ecosystems, complete with all the native insects and birds, have been severely disrupted. Our environmentally conscious ecoscapes, are landscapes that help address this issue head on. Each one of these landscapes creates corridors for native species to start reestablishing their populations. With entire neighborhoods landscaped with these plants, we are helping to recreate original habitat. This is a perfect option for individual home owners and ideal for large developments.
- Hydroseeding- Nobody likes mud in our ocean! One solution is Hydroseeding. We offer complete hydroseeding services to help control eroding landscapes. Whether the project is a small residential yard or a three hundred acre open grading project, we are more than happy to work with you.
- Land clearing- Due to the fact that Hawaii is now dominated with non-native plants, Hui Ku Maoli Ola loves to clear them out to make room for more appropriate native species! Clear a mono-stand of Strawberry Guava, Octopus or Ironwood trees? No problem! Blast through fields of Koa haole, Buffel grass or Job’s tears? Bring it on! We enjoy eradicating highly invasive species almost as much as planting the natives! We also pay particular attention to all of the plants within areas to be cleared, just in case there may still be some lingering natives…don’t want to accidentally cut those guys down! No job is too big or too small, we have all of the right equipment to clear it all!
- Tree Trimming- Got some tree limbs overhanging on your neighbor’s property? Need a Ko’olau view blocked by a tree re-opened? Let our trained professionals handle that task for you. We’ll even cut back that beautiful ‘ohi’a lehua you were too afraid to cut and accidentally damage. You’ll be able to enjoy those beautiful lehua blossoms at eye level without straining your neck and with peace of mind knowing your beautiful tree will still be alive the next day!
- Irrigation- Hui Ku Maoli Ola’s licensed landscaping crew can install the right irrigation for whatever type of plants you have. From simple systems like temporary, above ground and Poly-tube or T-tape type drip systems to more elaborate, remote-sensored sprinkler systems, we can create the right habitat for your native dry or rain forest landscape!
- Rain Gardens- These gardens are designed to contain rain water from “running off” your property which could pose not only environmental problems but property liabilities as well. In addition, you also allow the rain water to settle into the soil which re-charges our groundwater vs. just letting it run off into some storm drain that goes straight into the ocean carrying all of the pollutants it picks up along the way with it. Let us help you design and install the right size garden composed with the perfect selection of native plants to maximize “minimizing” your rain water run-off.